White Eagle Hall is a warm and intimate event space perfect for weddings, receptions, private parties, fundraisers, corporate meetings and other functions. White Eagle Hall also presents live music, theatre, comedy, dance, film, family shows, and other types of performances.
As one of the newest and most unique event and live performance spaces in the Northeast, the hall features:
- * Original wrought iron wrap-around balcony and a coffered tin ceiling with 2 large stained glass atriums at 28-feet high;
- * 3 separate bars throughout the space;
- * Professionally engineered acoustics creating a perfectly comfortable noise controlled environment;
- * The latest in high quality lighting & sound technology that meets the standards of national artists;
- * D&B Audiotechnik PA system controlled by Digico sound boards;
- * POE LED house lights with full color spectrum capability;
- * LED theatrical intelligent lighting controlled by a Mini Grand MA lighting board;
- * 2 high resolution projection systems – upstage and downstage;
- * Artist & performance amenities with 23’ proscenium stage measuring 30’ wide by 25’ deep;
- * An 8,000 square-foot flexible space with a capacity of 800 standing, 320 seated or 200 seated for dining (130 on main floor & 70 on balcony);
- * Two levels of back-stage areas, including fully-equipped dressing rooms that include 2 full restrooms with showers, make-up counter areas, private green rooms, washer/dryer & fridges;
- * Fully equipped box office;
- * Restored lobby featuring limestone floors and exposed brick walls;
- * Brand new restrooms with wrought iron frames and hardware;
- * Coat check area;
- * ADA compliant with certain historic limitations.
White Eagle Hall capacity is approximately 320 seated theater style, 800 standing or 150-190 seated banquet style. A balcony level with beautiful views flanks the inner perimeter of the hall that may be used for extra seating.
Downtown Jersey City
White Eagle Hall is located at the heart of Jersey City in the Village Neighborhood. Along the way from Grove Street PATH along restaurant row is the pedestrian plaza as well as a great variety of incredible restaurants and shops. Jersey City is known for being the most diverse city in the country. One of the most incredible things that you will see in Jersey City is a huge commitment to arts and culture; many events are hosted in downtown JC all year long.
Travel & Parking
White Eagle Hall is located in the heart of Jersey City, nestled between two easily accessible NYNJ PATH train lines at Journal Square (JSQ) and Grove Street. Once off the Grove Street PATH stop, it is a quick walk along Restaurant Row on Newark Avenue to our venue. There is some street parking in the area and we can also recommend a valet service at your request.
Frequently Asked Questions
Do I need to hire an event planner or coordinator?
We highly recommend hiring a planner and/or day-of coordinator. While we are providing the room and our staff for the night, we are not responsible for planning and executing the different elements of your event.
Can I have a DJ or band at my event? Can I play a playlist from my iPod?
We can accommodate any form of entertainment – whether that’s a live band, DJ, playlist, etc. We would require bands or DJs to plug into our sound system, so our production team can handle everything.
Are there any restrictions on decorations?
We do not allow any type of open flame, or anything to be affixed to the walls, floor, or ceiling. We also don’t allow confetti of any form, glitter, or popcorn.
What audio and video equipment do you have?
We have a full professional audio system as well as a projector, a drop-down screen, a podium, and microphones with cords and stands - all in-house. We can rent wireless microphones and any other A/V equipment you may require. A full technical production guide is available upon request.
How many tables and chairs do you have in-house?
We have ten high top tables and two 8-foot rectangular tables in house, along with 260 standard chairs and 65 high-chairs (normally stationed on the balcony). Any additional furniture, along with linens, will need to be rented.
Can you change the colors of the lights in the room?
Absolutely! We can create a custom lighting plan to complement your color scheme.
When can I drop off items for my event?
Due to our busy show schedule, items for your event may only be dropped off early/picked up later than event day if we have no other events in-between. Please contact your event manager to arrange this.
Is White Eagle Hall wheelchair accessible?
We are a historic building with certain limitations. If you need ADA accessibility to the building, please let us know and we will make accommodations for you. Our building is fully ADA accessible once inside. Handicap bathrooms are available on both the main floor and balcony level.
Am I required to provide my own insurance?
Event insurance is required for any event booked at White Eagle Hall. We are happy to recommend a vendor if needed.
Do you provide discounts to non-profit organizations?
We offer a 25% discount to non-profit organizations if a 501(c)(3) certificate is shown upon time of booking.
Am I expected to pay a bartender gratuity?
You may include an 18% bartender gratuity on your second payment if desired. You’re also welcome to leave a gratuity on the night of the event instead. We will not leave out tip jars unless requested.
What is your payment schedule?
50% of the room rental fee is due at the time of contract execution. The remaining 50% is due one month prior to the event date. If any additional expenses are incurred on the day of the event, payment will be due within 30 days.
I’m interested in booking! How can I learn more?
Please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org for next steps, including scheduling an appointment to tour the space.